1. Lets start with a bombshell. It seems that the Buy to Let bubble has burst in Edgware. We wrote a blog that noted similar trends in Mill Hill recently. As a parent, the current state of the Property market is most depressing. I see little opportunity for young people to realistically get on the property ladder, especially with Interest rates set to rise
‘Taxing’ Time for the 2,799 Edgware Buy To Let Landlords— Benjamin stevens (@benstevens2004) August 31, 2018
Over the last twenty years, there has been a shift in the way the Edgware (and the... https://t.co/dEM49PPPmh
2. Make sure you support the Mill Hill Jazz Club, this is another topic we've covered this week. They have a stellar line up on Wednesday
Kate Daniels & her Quintet - 5th Sep - Celebrating the success of her recently released album, Kate returns to MHJC with some of the UK's top rated jazz musicians, Graham Pike trumpet, Alec Dankworth bass, Derek Nash sax, Nils Solberg guitar & Winston Clifford drums. PLEASE RT.— Mill Hill Jazz Club (@millhilljazz) September 1, 2018
3. One of our regulars is not impressed with the state of Edgware
@Barneteye Station Road Edgware. Total neglect by Barnet Council. Dirty, tatty, run down. The cross-hatch for the buses faded away to nothing. pic.twitter.com/qTj9Zngq11— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) September 1, 2018
4. Yesterday I listed "Playing loud music at 3am as one of the best ways to annoy me. It seems I'm not alone
@MPSBarnet @metpoliceuk @BarnetCouncil Please help us sleep, this gangs are playing huge loud music, covering the whole of burnt oak. No one brave enough to ask them to stop.— M M Rahman (@mmrs151) September 1, 2018
5. Someone is a little upset by the headboards on our local buses! I love tweets like this. Keeps us all on our toes!
To sum up the Edgware routes: diversions, confusion, a few new buses, lots of recycled 07-reg DEs, some banditry and a fairly reliable service. Oh and the blinds for the 288 DEs are hilarious - front is misspelled whilst side is incorrect, Broadfields is the terminus! pic.twitter.com/ODDfss3XlO— London Buses On The Go (@_LBOTG) September 1, 2018
6. Top Tweet from the Colindale Litter Pickers
Guys, help me to tell others, chucking litter in the bushes and shrubs will not make litter disappear....— Colindale Litter Pickers (@ColindaleLitter) September 1, 2018
There is no such a thing like the litter fairy!@KeepBritainTidy@WayneKoda@NoMoreLitterUK@BarnetCouncil@ColindaleMdx@BarnetHomes@mhlitterpickers@LitterFreeEarth pic.twitter.com/s1fL1u57N8
7.Live in Finchley? Want to make films? This may interest you
8. A plea for better cycle routes in the Borough. We agree!
Barnet roads can be very spacy. It would have been great to see #space4cycling as part of this. pic.twitter.com/qwXuKa9hOc— NW6Cyclist (@Cycle_Whamp) September 2, 2018
9. Live in and around Childs Hill and Cricklewood? Here is a date for your diary
10. One of our local heroes was on BBC Radio London this week. You will have seen @KidWondR at many of our recent local festivals
Great to hear @KidWondR on @middleagedminx on @BBCRadioLondon, she's lovely, done loads of work with her— MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) August 28, 2018
That's all folks!