Sunday 23 October 2022

The tweets of the week in the London Borough of Barnet 23 October 2022

 What a week it's been. I nearly skipped this as I've been at a 60th Birthday celebration lunch in Malden. As I was the driver I didn't drink. As this feature is light hearted and there are lots of people tweeting about the Prime Minister job application (most of whom have absolutely nothing intelligent, funny or interesting to say and are saying it at great length) I almost didn't bother, but I had a peek and there are actually some wonderful tweets this week, in amongst all of that dull chaff!

As to my week. Had a very pleasant curry at The Great Nepalese on Monday with my old boss from my days at Streamline. On Wednesday, did some recording with the False Dots of a rather good new number (even if I say so myself). On Thursday, I hobbled around the Mill Hill Powerleague pitch on a swollen ankle, which I thoroughly enjoyed. On Friday, we had a curry at the Mill Hill Tandoori and got soaked as we left and yesterday went up to Borehamwood FC to watch them play my favourite National League team Wrexham. I am very impressed with the setup at Borehamwood. Both teams played some nice football. I've seen this fixture a few times and you can see the influence Pep Guardiola has had on football at every level. That was my week. What were our tweeters up to. 

1. I have to start here. A new book was released this week by Amberley Books, written by our great friend Mr Mark Amies AKA @Time_nw


2. Did you know that heavy bombers for the RAF were built in Cricklewood in WWII? Ron Eisele did and if you read Mark Amies book you can find out the full story!


3. If you are in the Cricklewood Area, this is worth a check out


4. We always love to promote events for young people interested in music


5. The Finchley Childrens Music Group is amazing. A big shout out to them!


6. And another date for your musical diary!


7. I was otherwise engaged yesterday, but I loved this Tweet about our oldest local football club and their opposition. This is the real spirit of grassroots football.


8. Please chip in a couple of quid. A great cause


9. Nice pics of Mill Hill


10. Nice to see live music back at the Adam and Eve



Thats all folks.

No comments: