As the dust settles on Barnet, following the shock news of Nick Walkleys resignation yesterday, there are five questions which need to be answered.
1. Did he jump or was he pushed?
2. Is there any way he'd be going if the One Barnet project wasn't in deep trouble?
3. As he is going to a very staunch Labour Council, which is highly unlikely to take the One Barnet outsourcing path, has he realised the model is fatally flawed?
4. Given the chaos at Barnet Council during his reign, what on earth pursuaded Haringey to employ him?
5. Can Barnet Council possibly continue with One Barnet with no effective CEO in Place?
Barnet are about to embark on a One Billion Pound Gamble with our money. It is like playing blackjack in a casino and leaving your cash with the barmaid to play your hand, whilst you get drunk at the bar.
The Barnet Eye calls for an immediate suspension of the program and a full audit. We hope that the Leader of Barnet Council, Richard Cornelius is listening