Thursday 29 November 2012

Proudest day of my professional life !

I am well chuffed. As you know my two main passions in life are music and football. I thought aged 50, I'd missed the chance to ever play for Manchester City FC, my team. I was wrong, today they have used one of my songs - Spotlight - (on which I play guitar and keyboards and do some backing vocals) as the theme tune for the November goal of the month on MCFC TV. You can watch it here - http://www.mcfc.co.uk/citytv/Features/2012/November/Goals-of-the-month-Nov  -  The lyrics were co written by myself and Connie Abbe (AKA Koni) and the music Abbe/Tichborne/Ross/Denton.

It is a great song and I'm so chuffed to hear it on the MCFC TV channel. There is a little lesson in there for us all. Keep on plugging away. It may not mean anything to anyone else, but it means the world to me. As an artist it is always nice to get some recognition. Manchester City are the Premier League champions and one of the best football teams on the planet Having supported them through good times and bad, it is great to have them use my music !

And if there is anyone out there who is getting demoralised and thinking of giving up something they love, I'd say this is a great reason why you should keep going !